Sunday, October 02, 2005

Gathering Info for the Plan

Gathering final info before heading down to the course. Current Forecast from Wunderground is : Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots becoming east. Waves 1 foot or less. The National Data Bouy System is not reporting data from any of the bouys listed on the site. Will do a final check before leaving but "No data to report".

I was hoping to look at the wind and gust patterns from the South and East bouys to see if I could get a handle on the coming trends. No luck.

Radar shows some light precip south in the U.S. side of the lake but it seems to be moving NW and around the contour of the lake so I don't think precipitation will be a factor.

The Marine forecast is the same as Wunderground with the exception that they are noting winds will be 10 knots (no "or less" phrase), Satellite imagery shows little that would affect the overall wind to a large degree.

Setting the shroud tension for today for winds 6-9 knts. Gut feeling on the course is that the RC will set a triangle course today. This seems to be their usual pattern on days when wind is out of South Southeast. It falls right between to course options for windward leeward. I am a 35 minute drive to the club and the leaves on the trees are not moving at all.

Thinking the course will most likely be set for starting line at 1 and course 2:3:1:3:1 If the wind is 110° true near race time then the shift to East will have taken place and the course should be starting at 1 and 3:1:3:1 respectively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home